The following was received in an email this week. Truly fascinating stuff…
God’s accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs.
– the eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days
– the eggs of the canary in 14 days
– the eggs of the barnyard hen in 21 days
– the eggs of the duck and geese hatch in 28 days
– the eggs of the mallard in 35 days
– the eggs of the parrot an ostrich in 42 days
Notice, they are all divisible by seven, the number of days in a week!
The lives of each of you may be ordered by the Lord in a beautiful way for His glory, if you will only entrust Him with your life. If you try to regulate your own life, it will only be a mess and a failure. Only the One Who made the brain and the heart can successfully guide them to a profitable end.
God’s wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant. The four legs of this great beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two legs. For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily. The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first. A cow rises from the ground with its two hind legs first. How wise the Lord is in all His works of creation!
God’s wisdom is revealed in His arrangement of sections and segments, as well as in the number of grains.
– Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind.
– Each orange has an even number of segments.
– Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
– Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
– Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas, and each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and the next row an odd number.
– The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of weather.
All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks, and the Lord specified thirty fold, sixty fold, and a hundred fold – all even numbers.
God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day, so that Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!
Thus the Lord in His wonderful grace can arrange the life that is entrusted to His care in such a way that it will carry out His purposes and plans, and will be fragrant with His presence. Only the God-planned life is successful. Only the life given over to the care of the Lord is fulfilled!