Lil’ Embers – Sunday School Room
Lil’ Sparks – Kitchen
Sparks – PARSONAGE
B.ON.FIRE – CPC Activity Center
Four Tables – Sanctuary
Tonight, in the FOUR TABLES GROUP, we will be arranging our seating a bit differently.
We would like for everyone to sit at a table.
The groups will be smaller and should make for easier discussion.
Please bring your information with you (notes, book, iPad, iPhone, tablet, etc.)
Please be prepared to share whatever inspiration you have received from this week’s reading.
We will explore the passages that different members of the group have highlighted, etc.
In the end, we will have a time of sharing between the tables.
We will be starting off with a couple quick questions from Session 2.
- Augustine’s expression, orzo amorum: “the order of loves”. What should be the order of our loves? How does this affect our daily life? Do we live and work in ways that demonstrate we have made right choices, and not just said we were making right choices.
- Give an example of how we can demonstrate our love for others in our daily lives.
Session Three: No Bonsai for Me
- Table Two is the Table of Grow
- God’s intention was definitely for us to grow and we see this in the natural. He was so sure that what he had created could grow that he only put two of each animal on the Ark!
- Bonsai trees are kept artificially small and Christians keep themselves from growing through four causes: Complacency, Prejudice & Bias, Pride, Isolation.
- The First Table of Love – is where we worship God with our lives in private and in public.
- The Second Table of Grow – is where we publicly gather with “people of like precious faith” and inspire one another to grow.
- No matter how long it has been a “bonsai”, when it is released from it’s “enclosed” state, it will immediately begin to reach for it’s potential. This can be you!
Then we will watch our introduction and return to our table discussions about this week’s reading.
I will provide the discussion questions ahead of time for you here to help us prepare responses.
- The Apostle Paul often used the phrase “one another”. All scripture is given by God’s inspiration and should be valued. Yet what value do we place on the constant use of this phrase? (page 10-11 in your notes)
- The author states that the “one thing that can change your life… is to pour yourself into the lives of fellow believers.” How have you found this to be true in your own life? (pages 11-12)
- We live in a disconnected world where community is withering. How would the biblical concept of Koinonia be of benefit in today’s world? (page 14-15 in your notes)
- The early church broke bread from house to house. What do you find attractive about such a practice? (Or what do you find scary about it? lol)
- How can we practice the “lost art of hospitality” in our own lives. (page 16-17)
Sis. Ellen called today and she has been re-admitted to the Georges-Dumont hospital with pneumonia. She has been struggling with it since mid-March and her health worker yesterday helped her get to the emergency and she was admitted for more robust treatment. She misses and loves all of you and said “Thanks” for the prayers. She would love to have you drop by to visit her if you can…
Sis. Tammy’s grandmother has passed away. She will be flying home to be with family for a few days. Please pray for safe travels and comfort for the family.
Also, please remain in prayer for the comfort of the Rayner family during their time of bereavement.
Due to the current state of the Life Center, we will NOT be having Sparks Church tomorrow (April 22) or next Sunday (April 29). Thanks for your understanding.
Please find below the funeral arrangements for James Rayner,
who passed away a short time ago.
The wake will be tomorrow evening, 7-9 pm.
The funeral will be on Sunday at 1 pm.
Sis. Hanscom’s kids will be at the Life Center tonight.
Bro. John and Sis. Tasha will be in the CPC Activity Center tonight.
If you have not received a digital file that you requested, it may be that we have an old email address. Please check and let me know.
You can text my cell or send me an email.
As we announced earlier, tonight we will be doing Small Group Sessions. This is NOT church, so you can dress more casual. This will mean you don’t spill coffee on your good white shirt! 🙂
Coffee and snacks are available. Please come early enough to get your cream and sugar in before 7:30.
We have blocked off the back two pews in the Sanctuary since we will not be needing them tonight. We also have made some alterations at the front to allow some tables to be moved in. We will be experimenting with different configurations over the next few weeks. Please move right up so we are not spread all over. This will help foster conversation and interaction as well. Thank you.
Lil’ Embers (18-36 months) will be in the Sunday School room off the Activity Center.
Lil’ Sparks (3-7) will be in the CPC Activity Center.
Sparks (8-11) will be in the Kitchen at CPC.
B.ON.FIRE (12-18) will be in the Main Sanctuary at the Life Center.
Adults (19+) will be in the Main Sanctuary at CPC. *Catalyst will be joining them for this class.
Come enjoy the fellowship and be inspired to grow together!
Due to the large number of folks who are sick, we are making the call to dismiss service tonight.
More than half the school students are home sick, staff are ill and so many have called and text to say they are not feeling well that it just makes good sense for us to cancel.
We will see you on Sunday!