There will be NO SERVICE tonight.
I spoke with Bro. Calhoun earlier this morning and he had been in touch with his brother, who is a truck driver, and he told him that the road between F’ton and Moncton is a mess. The DOT has issued a “travel not recommended” advisory and the RCMP has issued a statement that this is “the worst they have ever seen the roads”. So many accidents have been reported that unnecessary travel is being discouraged.
Now they are forecasting more snow starting this morning and rain and ice pellets this evening which is only going to further complicate any travel plans.
Bro. Calhoun will be rescheduled in the near future.
Stay safe. Stay warm.
We love all of you.
See you soon.
Good morning everyone!
Due to the upcoming storm, we are going to have prayer meeting this morning rather than a full service. Please be safe and use your discretion when traveling.
Due to the impending weather system that is set to affect our area, we are cancelling Sunday evening service as of right now.
Sunday morning service will cancel/proceed at the discretion of those who are in place at home. Please be sure to check your blog/email by 9 AM tomorrow for an update.
Stay safe. We love you all.
As a result of my misunderstanding of the plan for tomorrow, I sent out the preceding email and announcement and it can now be disregarded.
Sis. Tasha and Bro. Brendon have already confirmed their decorating and setup crews. If you are on one of those teams, Thank You very much. We appreciate your help and absolutely could not do it without you!
Volunteers Needed at the Salisbury Baptist Gym at 12:15 PM Tomorrow…
Due to a previously scheduled event at the Gym, we are able to get in to setup and decorate only at noon on Saturday, just as we did last year.
We will need as many hands and feet as we can get for a little while as we set up the tables and chairs and other things necessary for the Banquet tomorrow evening. Your assistance is much needed and deeply appreciated.
Looking forward to a great time tomorrow night with many special guests. Thanks again for your help.
The power has gone out again and although it has come back on, with the current wind conditions we have decided to cancel service.
THERE WILL BE PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO SHOW UP.
There is no pressure because this is forecast to continue and I know that wood furnaces need attention in times like this and can’t be left alone. We understand that. Stay safe.
Sadly, related to our earlier post from yesterday, as of 1 AM, TWELVE FAMILIES from the Morton’s church have lost their homes in this fire. Unimaginable…
We are a continent away from them and we have plenty of needs in our own communities, whether it be assisting with local food banks or feeding the homeless, things we have done, and will continue to do.
However, this is a special sort of case… one in which we have a sort of responsibility for those who are “of the household of faith”.
I am not sure exactly what we will be doing as of yet, but I would love for us to do something as a church family for our brother’s and sisters who are in particular need.
Please be in prayer regarding this and we will talk more…
While we are tempted to complain about the precipitation we are experiencing this weekend, please say a prayer for our friends in California today. Bro. Nathan Morton, who preached for us here a few years ago, pastors in Chico, right in the zone of what is being called the Camp Fire.
**You can find some pictures of it on IG by searching #campfire.
That fire has already burned literally hundreds of homes and some of their people had to be evacuated. It consumed 70,000 acres in its first 24 hours and was burning at an unbelievable rate.
I have included, below, a screenshot of a news story to give some context.
Due to the circumstances that caused us to cancel the last few services, we will be having BIBLE STUDY tonight instead of FAMILY PRAYER.
See you there!
There will be no service this morning due to the unplanned power outage that 99% of us are experiencing. Stay safe.